The Two of Us...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Minor Surgery...

It really is just a face lift. I think most of us could do with a little nip here…a tuck there. It is a time of renewal and replenishing. A time to shed the old skin and start fresh...

We are going to recover the glider!!! That is my mother is going to re-cover the glider.

Yesterday Allison and I went to the fabric store to pick out fabric to recover the cushions for the glider rocker that will go in the baby’s room. Let me stop for a moment and say that I am completely secure in my manhood and as a secure manly man I can go into a fabric store and ask the woman where they keep the cording and not feel any more girly than I would if I went into a sporting-goods store and asked for something “sporty”. We got an absolute divine piece of fabric that fit the theme of the baby room perfectly. See the pictures below.

The glider cushions before...
Photobucket

The fabric up close (can you see the A,B,C's & 1,2,3's?)...
Photobucket

Anther picture...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just curious...how manly do you feel using the adjective "divine" to describe the fabric? :)