The Two of Us...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Belly up to the bottle...

I personally fed Caleb for the first time EARLY this morning. In an effort to help my lovely wife get some much needed rest, we thawed some of the harvested milk in preparation for Caleb's first feeding of the night. Allison went to bed around 9:00 and I soon followed, but kept one ear open for the dinner bell to ring. When Caleb requested his food at 12:30 AM, I dutifully got up and warmed up the elixir of life and, for the first time, fed Caleb. I was surprised at how quickly he took the bottle and how quickly he was finished. I guess I was used to the length of time that it takes to feed the boy the old fashioned way. I didn’t want to tell Allison this, but he said that it even tasted better when I fed him!

I can't take all the credit...I have to recognize those that helped me to get it just right…

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yall are really smart for starting him on a bottle so soon...lots of babies that wait for the bottle won't take one when you NEED them to later.