The Two of Us...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Did you know there were two?!!

Did you know that there were two "4:30's"!?! I did not until today. I had no idea that there was a 4:30 AM until we walked into the AMH Labor & Delivery Triage this morning. My realization about the other "4:30" actually started yesterday when Allison had her second prostaglandin treatment. The prostaglandin is supposed to make the cervix more agreeable to the birthing process. I snapped a few pictures while we were there.

Forgive the quality...they were from my cell-phone.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well when Allison woke me up this morning at 3:00 I thought maybe that the house was on fire or worse there was something wrong with our TV, but no...she was JUST having contractions...AGAIN. The prostaglandin evidently did what it was supposed to do. We continued to time the contractions and decided that it would be a good idea to go to the hospital. We spent about two hours in the hospital this morning with Allison hooked up to all sorts of monitors. Her contractions are steady, but she is not dilated very much. After they gave her a shot of pain medication, they sent us home to labor there. The nurse that was taking care of her thinks we will probably come back to the hospital soon...she thinks we are in early labor.

It sure would be nice if we went back today...I think I am ready to meet our son. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Bridget Kay said...

Use the Force Stephen! Only you can make the baby come! :D

todd said...

Yes, please keep us posted! We're dying to know if there is anything wrong with your TV.