The Two of Us...

Sunday, February 22, 2009

We made it eight weeks...

I have to go to work today...today is Sunday..."this is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"...Except...I have to go to work today. I'm not complaining; I'm just saying!

After bathing and dressing for work and doing what one does to prepare for the day, I went into my son's room to console his screaming. When I picked him up from his crib, I felt something moist on my hand. I looked at the crib and noticed the so familiar stain of poo. The poop filled Caleb's diaper, came out of the diaper, hovered around his back for a little bit and then planted itself firmly in the crib sheets. "This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." I changed his diaper, wiped him down from head to toe with about 50 wet wipes and put him in a little onesie.

Did you know that you NEVER put the poopy clothes in the dirty clothes hamper?! I most definitely do now. Allison nearly killed me with her "bow staff skills, nunchaku skills, and bow hunting skills"! I'm not sure how the woman moved that quickly. I think that she is training to be a cage fighter! What happened to the sweet and lovely bride that I married? "This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

After my brush with death, I realized that it isn't just any ordinary day. Today is the eight week celebration of the birth of my glorious son! I changed him out of that silly onesie and put him in a much better "picture taking outfit".

Enjoy Caleb's 8 week picture...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Bridget Kay said...

Stephen, you should totally write a book about being a new dad, you are so hilarious!! And Caleb is adorable...I'm sure he has some of my gene sharing skills to thank for that. :)

Unknown said...

Go Allison! Becoming a mom makes youo prepared to be a cage fighter! So Stephen, watch yourself!